Support Units | Volunteer roles with VICSES - www
VICSES Headquarter Units
VICSES is made up of volunteer units who support our head office and regional offices in the following locations:
- Mulgrave (Knox)
- Swan Hill
Volunteers in these units can also receive training in incident management and be posted to a metropolitan or regional incident management facility during an emergency to help coordinate the overall emergency response; for example, during a flood or a storm. In some locations, these units also support local community engagement activities.
These volunteers have, or develop skills in
- Using technology and information systems for intelligence gathering.
- Situational analysis reporting.
- Incident management team support.
No specific level of fitness or mobility is required for this role.
We need people who
- Are readily available within the area and can respond quickly when required.
- Have a willingness to learn and contribute to the unit.
- The availability to participate in regular training sessions.
- An ability and desire to work cooperatively with others.
- High level verbal, written and computer literacy or who want to learn these skills.
What you will love about this role
- Being part of a team.
- An opportunity to learn new skills.
- Sharing your knowledge and experience.
For more information about becoming a volunteer, exploring a wide range of opportunities available to you in developing new skills, forming new friendships, accepting high levels of responsibility and enjoying the team spirit of VICSES: